Hi. We hope you’re doing well.
We just updated the following eBook/course:
- Learn ESP32 with Arduino IDE (the latest version is now V2.2)
Here’s how you can download the updated eBook (the online version was also updated):
- Login here: https://rntlab.com/courses
- Click the Courses tab and select the “Learn ESP32 with Arduino IDE“
- Or open this link: https://rntlab.com/learn-esp32-welcome/
- Press the yellow button “DOWNLOAD EBOOK Version 2.2 »“
Here’s a list with a summary of the eBook updates:
- Module 1 (Getting Started):
- Unit 1: we improved the ESP32 board introduction.
- Unit 2: we updated instructions for ESP32 boards installation to use the latest link.
- Module 3 (Deep Sleep):
- Unit 3: we updated the code to match the example provided and explanation of the code.
- Unit 4: we added an alternative method to define the external pins bitmask.
- Module 4 (Web Servers):
- Unit 1: we added more details about concepts related to web servers and improved the explanation of some concepts.
- Unit 7: we uppdated ngrok instructions and added some more tips about using ngrok to access your local web servers outside your network.
- Module 5 (BLE):
- Unit 1: we added some more information to the BLE introduction.
- Unit 2: we updated the instructions to use the nRF Connect app and new explanations to match the newly updated code.
- Unit 3: we updated the code to use SIG default UUIDs for Environmental Sensing. We also updated the explanation of the code and printscreens of the nRF Connect app.
- Module 6 (LoRa):
- Unit 3: we updated the information about commercial LoRa Gateways.
- Module 7 (MQTT):
- Unit 1: we improved the introduction about MQTT communication protocol.
- Unit 2: we updated the instructions to install Mosquitto MQTT Broker and enabled authentication with/without username and password.
- Unit 3: we updated the code to use MQTT broker username and password.
- Unit 4: we updated the code to use MQTT broker username and password.
- Unit 5: we updated the Node-RED installation instructions and provided more information to get started with Node-RED easily. We expandaded the introduction so it’s easier to get started for beginners.
- Unit 6: we updated the printscreens of Node-RED dashboard nodes.
- Module 8 (ESP-NOW):
- we fixed some typos on ESP-NOW sketches.
We also fixed other minor typos and tested the sketches to make sure everything is working.
That’s it for the eBook updates.
Thanks for your support.
Rui Santos and Sara Santos
P.S. If you need help following the eBook, please post your question in our Forum: https://rntlab.com/ask-question/. We answer all the questions.