Hi. We hope you’re doing well.
We just uploaded the latest version of the SMART with Raspberry Pi, ESP32, and ESP8266 eBook to the RNTLAB website. The newest version of the eBook is version 1.2.
Learn how to build a home automation system using open-source hardware and software: Node-RED, Node-RED Dashboard, Raspberry Pi, ESP32, ESP8266, MQTT, and InfluxDB database.
Here’s how you can download the updated eBook:
- Login here: https://rntlab.com/courses
- Click the Courses tab and select the “SMART HOME” eBook
- Press the yellow button “DOWNLOAD EBOOK VERSION 1.2 »”
The Smart Home version 1.2 was released today (March 8, 2023). Here’s what’s new:
- We fixed small bugs in the code and other small typos;
- We added some information about how to copy/paste commands using PuTTY software.
- We updated InfluxDB installation instructions. We also added some information about how to proceed in case the installation procedure is updated.
- We updated the instructions to install Telegraf on Raspberry Pi.
Thanks for your support.
Rui Santos and Sara Santos
P.S. If you need help following the eBook, please post your question in our Forum: https://rntlab.com/ask-question/. We answer all the questions.