Hi. We hope you’re doing well.
We just updated the following eBooks:
- SMART HOME with Raspberry Pi, ESP32, and ESP8266 (latest version is now V1.3)
- Firebase Web App with ESP32 and ESP8266 (latest version is now V1.3)
- Build Web Servers with the ESP32 and ESP8266 (latest version is now 2.2)
Here’s how you can download the updated eBooks:
- Login here: https://rntlab.com/courses
- Click the Courses tab and select the eBook or eBooks that you have access and want to download
- Press the yellow button “DOWNLOAD EBOOK VERSION XX »” it will automatically download the latest version of the eBook.
Here’s a summary of the changes/updates on each eBook.
SMART HOME with Raspberry Pi, ESP32 and ESP8266
- Updated the number of the callmebot service that has changed;
- Updated instructions about Raspberry Pi nodes to control GPIOs (slightly changes since some Node-RED updates);
- Updated the instructions to use Cloudflare.
Firebase Web App with ESP32 and ESP8266
- Updated instructions to install nodejs;
- VS Code stopped supporting nodejs extension pack.
Build Web Servers with the ESP32 and ESP8266
- Updated Arduino IDE and ESP32/ESP8266 boards installation;
- Updated instructions to install SPIFFS and LittleFS uploader plugins;
- Updated the code to initialize the Filesystem;
- Updated OTA examples due to a deprecated method;
- Added workarounds to deal with the current incompatibility between the current AsyncWebServer library version on VS Code.
Thanks for your support.
Rui Santos and Sara Santos
P.S. If you need help following the eBook, please post your question in our Forum: https://rntlab.com/ask-question/. We answer all the questions.