Having started the course on 26 projects, I need to know what kind of motor controller I need for a 12VDC motor that is rated at 5 amps with a peak load limit of 25 amps. This is for an Arduino. I’ve looked at power transistors, H-bridge descriptions and controller boards themselves, but my needs are not so demanding, as there’s no requirement for my project that the motors be bi-directional, thus no switching needed. I need a configuration that supports two motors whose speed(s) can be individually controlled. What’s your recommendation and your reasoning? Thanks,
I don’t have experience with motors rated at such currents.
However, I found two motor drivers that might suit your project:
- Pololu High-Power Motor Driver 18v15:
- 5.5 to 30V
- continuous 15 A without a heat sink
- voltage peak: 170A
- only allows to control one motor
- 2×15A DC Motor Driver DFROBOT
- 4.8 ~ 35V
- Maximum output current: 15A @ 13.8V per channel
- Peak output current: 20A @ 13.8V per channel
- controls two motors
I hope this helps.