I can update my sketch to the NodeMCU.
This is what the IDE message is:
Error in command line, need pyserial path as 1th arg and esptool path as 2nd.
I have posted this problem in the Arduino forum and in the NodeMCU forum, but until now no solution. I’m working on a Linux pc.
I hope you recognize this error message and that you can give me some advice.
Thank you in advance.
I’ve never encountered that error… What are you trying to do that triggers that error message?
This is the solution I found:
- Delete the /home/myname/arduino-1.8.8/hardware/esp8266com folder
- Delete all the files except for preferences.txt in ~/.arduino15
- Delete ~/.arduino15/packages/esp8266
- (In the Arduino IDE) Tools > Board > Boards Manager
- Wait for downloads to finish.
- Scroll down through the available packages until you see “esp8266 by ESP8266 Community”. Click on it.
- Click “Install”.
- Wait for installation to finish.
- Click “Close”.
- Select and ESP8266 board from the Tools > Board menu.
- Compile a sketch to see if it’s working now.