Using Raspberry Pi B+ v1.2 and configured per “build a home automation system..” My pi is wired and connected to my home network. I have installed node-red and controlled several esp modules. All works just fine as your book describes, thanks.
Question is i frequently would like to view my pi from different computers from different locations in the house, and it seems i can do that fine as well, but if i change my node red flow and/or add some new service (added moment2) it does not show up on my other computer.
I added moment2 to the pi from my MAC and when i looked at the pi from my PC the next day, Node red offered a message to the effect “flows have changed, would you like to merge?” I hit merge and it showed the moment2 node as unrecognized, and did not show the moment addition on the left pane.
It would seem to me that you are actually doing all changes to the pi, why would it show up differently on 2 different computers?
They should all be looking at the same data/operating system, yes?
Hello Gary, I’m not sure if I understood exactly your problem, because I think I need a few more details. In the other computers, did you leave the Node-RED software open (the one at port 1880)?
For example, if you have the Node-RED software open in one web browser :1880 and you deploy your changes, you should refresh that page in your other computers (if they are already open).
However, for the Node-RED Dashboard at :1880/ui, after clicking deploy it should automatically refresh all the connected browsers…
I would leave one computer (Windows PC) open and connected to port 1880. After leaving it for 15 min it will go into hibernate mode. Would pick up programing on my MAC sometime later, again connected to port 1880. Modify flows, test, get something running, then leave it. Still connected to port 1880, and of course the MAC would go into it’s hibernate mode. Would pick up again later on the PC and then notice that the changes made from the mac did not completely show up. I had not tried to refresh, as it looked as though some of the changes were there.
After some further investigation, I know if I fully closed the browsing window, and reopened it, the changes were available. Will try to refresh next time and see if that works as well.
I have never had a problem with 1880:/ui, that always seems to work fine, even when opened on multiple machines/ phones.
Exactly, I think leaving the browser open might cause that issue, but if you go back to the computer and simply refresh the web page at 1880 (it should get the latest changes)… I’ve never experienced that problem on my end.
Yes, I have confirmed that when i refresh the browser, all is as it should be. Guess I should have checked that first, Thanks