I am trying to use OTA to update my EPS32 Cam which is embedded in my robot. Everything looks like it is working but on the ElegantOTA page after selecting the the bin file the ElegantOTA page immediately shows 59% and then never moves.
Because my sketch is long and complicated I went back to try to use your example – the one that shows
“Hi! I am ESP32.
All that I have changed is the text to
Hi! I am HERE”
Again the same thing happens with the progress bar starting at 59% and then not moving.
Do you have any ideas what is going wrong.
Note I have an antenna attached to my ESP and the program that I am trying to add OTA
to connects to my PC and transmits images so I think I have a good connection.
I’m not sure what might be the issue.
Maybe the board doesn’t have enough space to process OTA?
When uploading a code to the board, which settings did you select in Tools > Flash size?
I finally got it working! downloading Arduino 2.0 was a huge mistake as after trying to update the boards nothing would compile. Took me all day to properly remove all trace. I then downloaded Arduino1.19 and everything worked. There is now an option Partition Scheme which I choose “Minimal SPIFFS (1.9mb APP with OTA/190kb SPIFFS).
Thank you for putting me on the correct track.
Below is what I wrote for the ESP32-CAM but by changing the board to an ESP32 DEV Module a whole lot of other info appears including Flash size which seems to be set at “4mb (32mb)”
Does this mean that the OTA is not going to work with the ESP32-CAM
Ah, I do not have a “Flash size” only:
Flash Frequency :”80Hz”
So I have never changed flash size and I have not changed either of the above settings
I was on Arduino 1.8.13. Thinking that the later version might have it I have just upgraded to 2.0.4 but that does not have it either. Incidentally the version of ASyncElegantOTA is 2.2.7. The board I have selected is AI Thinker ESP32-CAM.
I am begining to think that I am doing something very silly!
I am using an ESP32 CAM board but I have just tried on a standard ESP32 with the same result. I have also repeated everything using the latest arduino IDE again with the same result.