Possible to outline the changes in the newly released esp32 version 2.0 vs version 1.4?
Do you mean the ESP32 S2?
I don’t have one to experiment with yet.
Here’s a good article I’ve found out explaining the differences between the boards: maker.pro/esp8266/tutorial/a-comparison-of-the-new-esp32-s2-to-the-esp32
As soon as I got one, I’ll make our own comparison article.
Thanks Sara, but I was referring to the Learn esp32 Arduino course. I just downloaded version 2 and it would be helpful to understand the differences from ver 1.4 so I don’t have to compare chapter-by-chapter.
I’m so sorry.
I thought you were talking about the new ESP32 S2.
You don’t have to compare the versions chapter by chapter.
The new version comes with everything of the previous version plus new units. We also corrected some typos and updated some of the codes
So, just follow the new edition and you won’t miss anything.
Here’s what’s new:
The new eBook comes with new Units and a new ESP-NOW Module.
- Module 4 – Unit 12: Asynchronous Web Server: Control Outputs
- Module 8 – Unit 1: ESP-NOW: Getting Started
- Module 8 – Unit 2: ESP-NOW Two-Way Communication Between ESP32
- Module 8 – Unit 3: ESP-NOW Send Data to Multiple Boards (one-to-many)
- Module 8 – Unit 4: ESP-NOW Receive Data from Multiple Boards (many-to-one)
- Module 8 – Unit 5: ESP-NOW Web Server Sensor Dashboard (ESP-NOW + Wi-Fi)
- Extra Units – ESP32 Client-Server Wi-Fi Communication Between Two Boards
- Extra Units – ESP32 HTTP GET (OpenWeatherMap and Thingspeak)
- Extra Units – ESP32 HTTP POST (ThingSpeak and IFTTT.com)
The new PDF version comes with bookmarks enabled by default to make it easier to navigate the file.
I hope this helps.