I’m having trouble getting started with the HelloWorld web server. I cannot locate the header files:
<Arduino.h> seems to be available. Did I get a path mixed up somewhere in the installation?
Thanks for any help,
What project are you following?
You need to install the AsyncTCP and ESPAsyncWebServer libraries. Did you do that?
Thanks for getting back to me. I am working on the 1_1_Hello_World_WS example from the book. I seem to have a Path problem with the compiler not finding some header files. The libraries you mention have been installed.
The error I receive is:
.pio\libdeps\mkrwifi1010\ESP Async WebServer\src\AsyncEventSource.h:27:10: fatal error: ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory
In the project I have:
Did I install the libraries incorrectly so that they are on the wrong path?
Thanks for any help.
What process did you use to install the library? What board are you using? Are you using an ESP8266 board?
Try to do as follows:
- Click the Home icon to go to PlatformIO Home. Click on the Libraries icon on the left side bar.
- Search for the library you want to install. In this case, ESPAsyncTCP.
- Click on the ESPAsyncTCP library (you need to scroll down a bit).
- Then, click on the Add to Project button and select the project you’re working on.
- Open your platformio.ini file and save it.
- Try to compile the code again.
Let me know the results.
I’m not familiar with that board.
Which board did you select when you created your project in VS Code?
It seems it is not able to establish a serial connection with your specific board.
What does your platformio.ini file look like?
I’m not sure that board is totally compatible with “regular” ESP32 boards… but I can’t be sure.