Two things here, first I used raw code from GitHub and the compile errors were corrected, I suspected that was the issue but wasn’t sure , thanks for that, must be a formatting issue.
Secondly I researched Google on that DHT11, it seems that some manufacturers made the sensor, respectively S,VCC and G , I tried that and now the sensor reads correctly. Was ready to trash it but figured I little to loose so I tried it that way. Thanks for your patience. Still not sure if I can learn much with these lessons but will keep trying, maybe something will stick.
I’m glad you made it work.
Things will become easier as you practice. But I understand that sometimes it can be very frustrating, specially at the beginning.
I’ll mark this issue as resolved. If you need further help, you just need to open a new question.