Hi, im using TTGO LoRa32 with micro SDCard module
micro SD card module (https://makeradvisor.com/tools/sd-card-module/)
and im using your tutorial to test only reading and writing to sd card module, its not configured with sensor only ESP32 and the SD card module – https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp32-data-logging-temperature-to-microsd-card/
but i’m getting error message “Card Mount Failed”, i’ve tried
1. replace with another micro SD card module (i ordered 2 units)- same error
2. replace with another sd card – same error
3. using a different model SD card module – same error.
4. added pull-up resistor – same error
5. use ESP32 dev board with same sd card module – same error
what should i do?
Hello Ayu, I hope you are doing well!
You need to tell me that you’ve followed the exact schematics and that you’ve double-checked, because I can’t replicate that issue on my end… Can you try with a different board (liked the ESP32 DO IT board)?
1. I’ve followed the exact schematic except without the sensor since i only want to test the sd card function. Refer link for pic (http://i68.tinypic.com/2ngalts.jpg).I used the same exact code i just changed the WIFI credential
2. I’ve tried on different board, refer below it can connect to WIFI then error message “Card Mount Failed”
refer below the error message
rst:0x10 (RTCWDT_RTC_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
mode:DIO, clock div:1
Connecting to Doremon
Card Mount Failed
What else should i try?
Hello again! These are the most common problems for the scenario and I encourage you to double-check everything.
- No FAT filesystem on SD card. Every other filesystem will fail. (make sure you format the MicroSD card properly)
- No MicroSD card in slot’s module
- Bad wiring fault
Can you double-check the MicroSD card? Thanks for your patience,
Yes, I understand where you are coming from
- I’ve double check and reformat the SD Card.again to be sure. I’ve even test with 2 different SD card. Same error.
- Checked. 🙂
- So i tried connect the wire directly from ESP to the SD card module. Yup, bad wiring i guess, now it work.
Thanks for the help. Appreciate it 🙂
Have a good day