up to the point of the display, there are no problems. But click “Stream” or “One shot” can not give me any picture in the display. my conditions are: Board: AI Thinker Camera: AI Thinker. And one more information, when click “Stream” or “One shot” there are no movement in serial.diaplay even a bit. please help me to overcome this unhappy Problem.
Can you tell me what is exactly the project that you are running?
What’s your Arduino IDE version? and what is the ESP32 boards add-on version that you have?
I thank you for your prompt reaction although my question was not properly written. soooorrrry.
please take a look at the following explanation and hoping you can understand my problem.
1 my project is ESP32CAM.
2. I followed the steps that you gave me(purchased) the “ESP32-CAM-Projects-eBook-V1-2” text book
3. my environment is; Window7, Arduino IDE is 1.8.13
4. ESlP32CAM; I can not find the manufacturer:s name on it but look like almost same as AI Thinker
5. Steps; install IDE(1.8.13)—> install esp32-cam library(ESP32 Add-on —> in IDE selected
AI-Thinker esp32-cam board
6. The next step: get example “webServer” as your book taought me
7. The next step: change and modify the program
input my SSID and Password
8. the next step: Up-Load the program into ESP32CAM using FTDI programmer
9. the next step: after a couple of necessary steps such as connection betweenGPIO-0 and Ground..so on
then finally reached at
WiFi connected !
….. Camera Ready ! use xxxxxxx(URL)
10 the next step: Open Brouser (I use Internet Explorer)
and set the said URL
—– then the Video Streaming Display came out (but no your face… Haha)
11 Up to here, I think the procedure is somewhat OK
I click “Get Still” or “Start Stream” but nothing happened.
no pictures came out
13 Wlhen I click the button at the same time watch Serial Monitor if anything change, but
in the Serial Monitor also nothing changed.
14 I checked again with your text book and found out there is only one difference which is
Brouser. I use IE you recomment Google. Is this the cause of the problem?
I hope you can get the sufficient information on my trouble and give me suggestions or
the way to go ahead.
Thank you for your time
I would like to add several information to my previous answer to your question as follows
- Parts information camara: DCX-0V2640-V2.0 and TY-0V2640 V2.0
- Parts information Board; ESP32-CAM
- Parts information Chip ESP32-S
- Voltage of the PIN 3V3: 3.32Volts
hope this information may help you understand the trouble a bit more deep
with my best regards
Thanks for the details.
In your Arduino IDE, go to Tools> Boards > Boards Manager… Search for “esp32”. Check the ESP32 version that you have. It should be 1.0.4. Recent versions have issues with the ESP32-CAM.
Additionally, the projects work better using the Chrome Web browser.
Waooooo, Finally I got it.
I just reinstalled version 1.0.4 and through Chrome open the display, …got it.
I would like to thank you for your prompt and precise suggestion to my trouble, and
most of all I can trust your site and the e-book . After I played ESP32CAM for a while, I certainly
go to the next e-book for my next step.
Again thanks to you
I’ve just recently discovered that the newest versions of the ESP32 Boards Installation have issues with the ESP32-CAM. Maybe they will fix it soon.
Meanwhile, we’ll have to use version 1.0.4.
I’ll mark this issue as resolved. If you need further help, you just need to open a new question in our forum.