Sorry Rui, I saw it too late, that I should post here.
thank You for answer.
The font in µPyCraft works.
I have Problems with Thonny:
- Sometimes the program hangs ??? When I hit the events-window ???
- On uploading a file to my device I get an error-message
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Install\AppData\Local\Programs\Thonny\lib\tkinter\__init__.py”, line 1705, in __call__
File “C:\Users\Install\AppData\Local\Programs\Thonny\lib\site-packages\thonny\workbench.py”, line 807, in dispatch_from_menu
File “C:\Users\Install\AppData\Local\Programs\Thonny\lib\site-packages\thonny\workbench.py”, line 765, in dispatch
File “C:\Users\Install\AppData\Local\Programs\Thonny\lib\site-packages\thonny\plugins\micropython\__init__.py”, line 1657, in _upload_script
File “C:\Users\Install\AppData\Local\Programs\Thonny\lib\site-packages\thonny\plugins\micropython\__init__.py”, line 1638, in _upload_as
source_path = os.path.relpath(source_path, get_workbench().get_cwd())
File “C:\Users\Install\AppData\Local\Programs\Thonny\lib\ntpath.py”, line 562, in relpath
ValueError: path is on mount ‘D:’, start on mount ‘C:’
My user-folder (workspace in µPyCraft) is D:\Lernen\MycroPython-Rui Santos\workSpace
- I cannot find where I can see the uploaded moduls (like µPyCraft device-folder)
- I cannot choose the debug mode, it is deactivated.
Thank You and regards
Thonny IDE is still being developed (like MicroPython) sometimes using the latest releases of these softwares have some quirks that we need to work around.
1) The Thonny IDE hangs sometimes when you press the stop button (that’s normal, because it’s waiting for the ESP to restart)
2) I haven’t encountered that error… But does the code upload?
3) You need to send some commands to list the files in the ESP, it’s a bit more difficult to list the device files (but uPyCraft is easier)
4) The debug mode only works with Python 3 interpreter (if you’re coding in Python and not MicroPython)
Thanks for your patience and we plan to update the eBook next week with more tips on Thonny IDE to make it easier to use.
2) If the error occurs, the code is not uploaded. I’ve checked it out with µPyCraft
I’m sorry to hear that. These IDEs are still being developed, so there are still bugs that need to be fixed. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with your Operating System or if something is missing. I can guarantee that I’ve installed Thonny IDE in 5 different computers (1 Linux, 2 Windows, 1 RPi, and 1 Mac) and it’s been proven to work perfectly.
uPyCraft also works great for me, but it prints in the Shell many warning messages with can be a bit confusing. Most of the “errors”/”warnings” you can ignore and your script will still work.