I get this error:
- File “boot.py”, line 22, in <module>
2. And in terminal:
/Users/../PycharmProjects/pythonProject2/venv/bin/python “/Users/upython/Library/Application Support/JetBrains/PyCharmCE2021.3/plugins/intellij-micropython/scripts/microupload.py” -C /Users/../PycharmProjects/pythonProject2 -v /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART /Users/../PycharmProjects/pythonProject2/main.py
Connecting to /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART
Uploading files: 0% (0/1)
/Users/../PycharmProjects/pythonProject2/main.py -> main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/../Library/Application Support/JetBrains/PyCharmCE2021.3/plugins/intellij-micropython/scripts/microupload.py”, line 139, in <module>
I never tried PyCharm with MicroPythom.
What code are you trying to run?
Still stuck on:
ESP8266 Web Sever – Blink – 192.168.1.148
Chap 4 – Web Server Example
Project Overview – page 162 (MicroPython_Programming_with_ESP32_and_ESP8266_V1_2.pdf)
Trying over wifi to toggle ESP8266 on-board LEDs
Could you or Rui take a look at it in Pycharm?
What’s the plugin that you’re using to program micropython with Pycharm?
- In Pycharm at the very top next File Edit View etc
- Actually click on Pycharm
- You will see –
- About Pycharm
- Check for updates
4. Choose Preferences
- Go to Languages
- Choose Micropython
- Enable Micropython
- Choose Device type ESP8266
5. Back in the main window you should see Missing Micropython package
Click on it were is says Missing Micropython package
It will install automatically
6. Allow it to Finnish
7. Then go to main – click
8. At the very bottom left
Edit Configuration Template
Click on Micropython
Enter to project path – you already did this but you have to repeat
9. Finally go back to your file chose it and right click, on Mac that’s fn+ control- mouse click
10. Abot 70% down you will see ‘Run Flash….’ – Your project
11. At the top RHS where is said main, it should say Flash….’ – Your project
12. At this stage if you go to the top: Tools – Micropython – Micropython – Micropython-Repl
13. Now you should see a Micropython prompt
I forgot you have to install the MP plung-in
I tried Pycharm and got it working if used only main.py.
Copy the contents of boot.py to the beginning of your main.py file.
Unfortunately, there isn’t an ideal IDE for micropython.
I’ll mark this issue as resolved.
If you need further help, you just need to open a new question in our forum.
After trying PyCharm, I decided that I won’t create any tutorials about it at the moment.
First, because I think the other IDEs we recommend are more intuitive.
Second, I couldn’t get it working with boot.py and main.py—only with main.py.
And finally, it is only compatible with the ESP8266. Many of our readers use both the ESP32 and ESP8266.